Other Language Archives
Best Practice Standards
- Electronic Metastructure for Endangered Languages Data. E-MELD is a project to protect endangered language data while developing infrastructure and standards that aid in cross archive collaboration.
- Open Language Archives Community. OLAC is creating a worldwide virtual library of language resources by: (i) developing consensus on best current practice for the digital archiving of language resources, and (ii) developing a network of interoperating repositories and services for housing and accessing such resources. Our Rosetta Project Digital Library resources are described with this set of metadata, and can be searched from this site.
- Dublin Core Metadata Initiative The Dublin Core Metadata Initiative is an open forum engaged in the development of interoperable online metadata standards. The OLAC metadata set for describing language resources is an extension of the Dublin Core metadata set.
Programs That Fund the Documentation of Endangered Languages
Other Linguistic Organizations and Resources
- The Linguist List. LINGUIST List maintains a web-site with over 2000 pages and runs a mailing list with over 21,000 subscribers worldwide.
- The Ethnologue. An encyclopedic reference work cataloging all of the world’s 6,912 known living languages.
- The Linguistic Society of America (LSA) LSA plays a critical role in supporting and disseminating linguistic scholarship both to professional linguists and to the general public. The society sponsors an annual conference, and publishes the journal ''Language'' quarterly.
Looking for a different "Rosetta"?
Here are some links to other projects and companies with "Rosetta" in their titles. (These links are merely for reference. Unless otherwise indicated, including these links does not imply endorsement by The Rosetta Project or its affiliates.)